Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Path to 40

And so I begin.  As with any new company you join, a new colleague to work with or a place to visit, a little history goes a long way in helping one understand who you're dealing with, how you came to be and most importantly, why you are the way you are.



My 20's - Age of Discovery

The first half can be described as wild.  Newly employed, having my own money, meeting new people, going places, buying things.  Before I knew it, I was deep in credit card debt and the receiving end of an ugly office drama.  So I shook it off, buckled down to work, started believing in myself and not caring what others thought.   I went back to who I was and I couldn't be happier.

The second half was all about love.  Meeting, dating, going out, eating out, sex, saving up and planning for the future.  I met new friends, had better colleagues. It was about the two of us.  All I wanted was to have my own family.



My 30's - Beginnings and Endings

Now married and my son has been born, I was learning about the joys and pains of motherhood, of running a household, on becoming an OFW wife, on travelling outside the country on your own.  We took out a loan for the house and car and my boy beginning his schooling.  I learned how to drive. The family life I wanted is here.

The middle part of my 30's were my turbulent years. When the dust began to settle, everything was becoming routine.  And that's when I was introduced to death.  My papa, two aunts, three uncles and my boss.  All in 3 years.  People who were my major influences.  Then the office suspension even if I am of no fault.  I just wished everything will soon be over.

Ending my 30's was better... family is fine, financially better off, trying out cooler gadgets and being more confident with myself.  I finally decided I want to blog again.

Life Begins at 40

The past 20 years had both best and worst memories..  Am now at the threshold for the next 40 more years.  Tally ho!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails