Sunday, December 2, 2012

Staycation at the Linden

I was gifted with a coupon (that I was to pay for) for an overnight stay at Linden Suites in Ortigas' 2bedroom suite.  We asked my mom to join us in our stay and open up this long weekend.  The hotel was  beside my office and ergo, near our home for that so close but so far away feeling :)  Finally tried out this Staycation phenomena..

Linden

Coming from BGC and HMR earlier in the day, it was almost evening by the time we checked in.  The entrance looks big and grand but its actually cramped.  It can only accommodate a vehicle at a time to drop their guests in front of the lobby.   After a few minutes wait, we were pleased to find out that we've been upgraded to a 3-bedroom suite.  We only needed 2 rooms but the extra space was more than enough. :)

2BR Premier Living Room

After wows in the room we went to the indoor pool for Busy Boy.  Mom and I chatted the hours away.  Afterwards, we had dinner at Mozu Cafe behind the hotel.   I've spent countless lunch hours in this cafe, but it was my first time to eat at night and with my family.  I had the advantage of knowing the menu, that Dad ended up eating a fourth of my lechon kawali! :)

tumblr_mafez4laU71qjci81


Back at the hotel with my boys asleep and Mom watching telenovela, I was lounging by our big, unused dining table..  I had a midnight snack while overcoming my planner problem.  It's my favorite dessert.. the frozen brazo!  I never fail not to order :)

frozen


Mornings was just in time for their breakfast buffet.  But with Dad and my mom not eating much, I really couldn't go all out.  However, it was a joy to watch my son devour those locally produced yogurt  from Hacienda Macalauan.  First time I've seen and tasted them..and it was love at first taste for both me and Busy Boy.


And so the hunt begins.. for that yummy mango sago and nata banana flavors!

We went back to our rooms and checked out way earlier than 12nn.  Then it was off to one of my all time favorite places to go after that... SM hypermart for some mandatory items needed.

We spent our staycation exactly how we'd spend it at home...nothing out of the box,  just a few food discoveries.  I have nothing against the hotel or anything, but it'll be a while before we'd do this again.  We'd rather go out... a new place and all.

Photos from the internet (first photo fr Linden's FB page)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails