Monday, November 19, 2012

Of Health and Home

This weekend (Nov16-19), my boys and I spent it at TMC Main for Dad's scheduled hemorrhoid surgery or  hemorrhoidectomy.  The suffix -dectomy means removal so, you pretty much get the idea what hubby was in for. :)

Our experience was actually pleasant.   First off, we had a kick-ass HMO card courtesy of RMD (one could hope that RCBC can offer even half).  Thank you for the awesome coverage.  It really was a privilege. :)

Next, the overnight stay was sort of a bonding time for us.  Busy Boy likened it to living a hotel / condominium unit.  You have your own world inside that room and a totally different one just a few steps beyond the door.  We bought food from the food court. The HMO had its own wing on the 12th floor, and Dad was even upgraded to Superior room.  It was ok, but I am so glad we don't live in one.


Camping at the hospital
 Except for the nurse check-ups that started coming in after Saturday's operation, we were pretty much left to ourselves.  And though I was NOT able to do much except baby sit, I just took it literally as a break, with all the upcoming heavy work load this coming month end.

Now we're home and I've got a patient hubby to sort of tend to.  :)  I envy the two week hiatus though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails